Kodak has come up with a digital photo frame which is the EasyShare P850 8″ Display Digital Photo Frame which helps you to store your photos and can be kept on a show case, table or even wall mounted. You can share your memories to anyone who comes home or office by just guiding them to look at the digital frame. Moreover you can carry it where ever you want.
This model has programmable timer which allows you to set the time according to your wish. The power will shut down automatically if you go out for your job and while you sleep at night. One of the best options is that it will sense your presence and will turn on when you are nearby. It is an ENERGY STAR qualified product which helps you to save energy. This frame also has a Mercury-free panel. This product comes with an internal memory of 2 GB on which you can store up to 16,000 pictures.
EasyShare P850 Black Colour Digital Photo Frame weighs 560 g which is less than the ordinary wall clock or a normal framed photo. The frame size is 17.1cm in height 22.8 cm in width and 2.5 cm in depth measured without the stand and can be kept in landscape or portrait according to the way you want to view the pictures. The display size is 20.3 cm and the area of display is 16.8cm in height and 12.2 cm in width. The screen’s resolution is 800 x 600 pixels with a ratio of 4:3 which gives a qualified clarity and also has aSi TFT active matrix display. The backlight of the frame is a LED display with 250 NITs brightness and a contrast ratio of 500:1. The frame is specially designed with auto activity sensing which will automatically shut down its power when nobody is nearby.
Control and Interface:
This model has easy control system which is the remote control. Though it also has buttons the remote is used to select the menus and pictures and also helps to control the interface which is done by connecting the USB port to the computer and can select the files to be interfaced by using the remote. You can use the a memory card to copy your pictures to your frame’s 2GB internal memory which hold up to 16,000 pictures, the best part is that the photos are resized and fitted according to the frame automatically and you can select any number of photos for the slide show.
- Slide Show: This option is one of the useful options as shuffles the pictures, play the pictures according to the date or by filename which can be from A to Z of vice versa. There are options to choose from fast to slowest, which shows pictures according to the slide show pan, the slide will show will change every 5 sec once with a gentle pan in the fast mode, the slide show will change every 10 sec once with pan and zoom in the medium mode, with fade effect once for every minute in slow mode, with fade effect once for every hour in slower mode and with slow pan effect once a day in the slowest mode.
- Search Options: This product has a smart search option where you can search the menus within seconds by filtering it according to the date, folder name, tags or favorite list and picture finder feature.
- Face Detection: This option when tagged helps you to view the person in the picture with dynamic zoom and the pan effect which gives motion to the person to be zoomed for a better view. Which includes even the panoramic picture view which shows every detail of the scene on the screen
- Display mode: The pictures can be viewed randomly, in full screen to fit the frame, in the clock mode which can be set just like a wall clock, in a calendar mode and collage mode view which enables to choose from a few selected best photos and set it in according to the layouts you desire with different background effects which includes scrap book page or modern lines.
- Auto Enhancements: The fame has facilities to remove the red-eye effect; it has KODAK color Science technology for image clarity, intelligent zoom which can be set for a particular person and a pan system, fit option to fit the screen exactly and also the fill –fit option to fill the empty space.
- Power Mode: This frame has one more good option which will auto on or off according to the time set and also an option which is auto activity sensing which senses and turns on if somebody is nearby.
The Digital frame has a card slot which can be compatible with Secure Digital card which is otherwise called SD card, SDHC card or Secure Digital High Capacity card, MMC or Multimedia Card, MS or Memory Stick, MS PRO/MS PRO DUO-HG/MS PRO DUO, it is compatible with high speed USB host, USB flash drive, PC connection with Windows XP or higher, 600 MHz processor or greater, Internet Explorer or higher, 128 – 256 MB Ram, 200 Mb disk space, CD- ROM drive and a USB port drive for pc transfer. Apart from this the frame has an in – built memory capacity of 2GB. You can directly take out the memory card from you camera and fit it in the slot allotted in the frame without copying and transferring from your computer.
EasyShare P850 2GB Digital Photo Frame is packed along with a 1.8 cm power supply cord which is 6 feet, Desk stand to place the frame on a table in a show case, AC plugs, IR remote for easy access and a user manual. This frame comes with a warranty of one year.
Kodak Easyshare P850 8-inch Digital Frame – Technical Specification Table
|Model Name||EASYSHARE P850 Digital Frame|
|Dimension (H x W x D) cm||without stand – 17.1 x 22.8 x 2.5 cm|
|Display screen size||20.3 cm (8 in)|
|Display area||16.2 x 12.2 cm (6.4 x 4.8 in)|
|Image file formats||JPEG, EXIF|
|Viewing options||Landscape or portrait|
|Resolution||800 x 600|
|Weight||Frame and adapter: 677 g (23.9 oz)
Without adapter: 560 g (19.8 oz)
|Supported memory card formats||SD, SDHC, MMC, MS, MS PRO|
|Power Supply||100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz (WW)
0.35A, 5 V DC, 2.0 A (10 W max)
|Display Type||aSi TFT active matrix|
|Display brightness||250 NITs (typical)|
|Contrast ratio||500:1 (typical)|
|Internal Memory||2 GB|
|Connectivity||USB 2.0 High Speed|
|Functions||Thumb nails, Pause, Rotate, Calendar, Clock, Collage,
|Power consumption||5.5 W (On mode); 0.7 (Off mode)|